http://blog.vantagetravel.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/ER906_Greece-e1476395601651.jpg 228 602 Sabrina Watt http://blog.vantagetravel.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Viewpoints_Logo-V2_outlines_grey-300x98.png Sabrina Watt2016-10-13 17:54:042016-10-13 17:54:04What do you know about ancient Greece?
More than you think! Click to learn the answers and find out which cruise will take you there. (You may have to do a little archaeological digging of your own to find the answer.)
- A great oracle channeled advice from the gods at what famous hilltop site? Hint: It’s not far from the site that inspired our quadrennial games.
- Apollo the Sun God and his twin Artemis, Goddess of the Moon, were born on what tiny island, according to mythology? Hint: The entire island has been designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- What great king reigned from sprawling Knossos Palace on the island of Crete? Hint: An entire civilization bears his name.
- The Parthenon stands upon a famous hill. What’s the hill called and what city is it in? Hint: The Parthenon is dedicated to the goddess after which the city is named.
- A huge figure of the Helios, another Sun God, once bestrode the entrance to what ancient harbor city? Hint: The great colossus was considered one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World.